Six video marketing tips for tight budgets
We all know that marketing budgets have been tight during these tough economic years. Even so, there are several ways you can use video marketing to further your cause without spending a bundle.
Consider these six tips for boosting your business through video marketing.
- Know your audience. For example, video is the native medium for people under 30. And it’s a wonderful medium for reaching a business audience. Many people simply don’t have the patience to listen to a lengthy presentation, even though they may be very interested in your cause. You may be surprised at the impact you’ll get from showing a 30-second video, as opposed to a 15-minute movie.
- Keep it short. The ideal length of a promotional video is 45 seconds to two minutes, but you may need 30 minutes to 60 minutes of footage in order to tightly craft a powerful appeal.
- Incorporate statistics. Animated pie charts help viewers remember statistics. You can animate a traditional Power-Point presentation with tools just as Prezi.
- Motivate your viewers. Be sure to include a call to action at the conclusion of the video. You should also imbed a link to a donation page in the last frame of the video.
- Spread the word. Post the video on YouTube and Vimeo, as well as the charity’s website. Then, share the link on blogs, through e-newsletters, and through popular social-media portals.
- Don’t forget to share your best practices. Chances are, other businesses have the same challenges and concerns you do. They’ll appreciate garnering how-to tips from your organization.